Thanks for the suggestions:

-- I will try MAC filtering instead of WEP if the problem persists.  I only
have two wireless devices right now, so it's no big deal.

-- That's good to know about the double-reboot.  Makes me feel a little
better.

-- As far as interoperability, I don't care who's certified or not, but if
Squeezebox can't interoperate (i.e. WORK!) with a Linksys WRT54G, which is
arguably one of the more popular access points/routers, then that's a much
bigger problem -- for Slim Devices -- than my little complaint.

I'll keep plugging.  If anyone has any more info, I'd sure appreciate it.

RE