-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Jules Taplin
Sent: 23 March 2005 00:00
To: Slim Devices Discussion
Subject: Re: [slim] Ogg Vorbis issue & BBC Radio question

Hi Alan.

If you want to stream BBC radio, then you'll need a copy of AlienBBC.
It's available from: http://www.mrtickle.org/alienbbc.html

However... I do have to confess - we've never tried running AlienBBC on
a linkstation... and I'm not totally sure it will be easy.

The only main piece you'll need (in addition to thinks like 'lame'
potentially working), is 'mplayer' working. Again, this is something
that
we don't package... and I've absolutely no idea if anybody has ever even

TRIED to make that work.

Sorry if that's not the most helpful answer in the world. I do wish you
the very best of luck, though... and if you do make it work - I'd
love to hear from you!

-- Jules

Alan Parkyn wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> Ogg Vorbis problem:
>
> I'm a Squeezebox newbie running 5.4.1 on a 250GB Buffalo LinkStation
> (thanks SO much to Marc D. Field for his project notes
> http://fieldnetworks.com/slim/linkstation.html and plenty of
> post-project help, nice chap and patient!) but I have one problem - I
> can't play my Ogg Vorbis files.
>
> When I try from the Squeezebox/SoftSqueeze it starts saying it will
> play the file and then comes back with a message saying 'Can't Open
File'.