-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of kdf
Sent: 22 March 2005 23:49
To: Slim Devices Discussion
Subject: RE: [slim] Ogg Vorbis issue & BBC Radio question

Quoting Alan Parkyn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Hi there,
>
> Thanks for your help - you're right I don't appear to have Lame.  Do
you
> know how I'd go about downloading it, compiling it and installing it
> my LinkStation?

there is actually a link in that message telling you that lame isn't
found.  it
will take you here:

http://lame.sourceforge.net/

hopefully it is just a matter of ./configure, make, make install.

the horsepower of the linkstation is a bit limiting, however.  I have my
doubts
about its ability to deal well with transcoding. Can't hurt to try,
though.

-kdf