On Apr 7, 2005 3:04 PM, Christian Pernegger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I finally got the studio version of Pink Floyd's The Wall and
> ripped/encoded it as FLAC, as always. The album was playing in
> original order and on repeat...
> The last track of disc 2 ended with someone talking, who gets cut off
> rather apruptly, followed by about half a second of silence, then some
> more silence at the beginning of disc 1, and more or less the same
> melody continued for a few seconds.

The snippet of "Outside the Wall" at the beginning of "In the Flesh?"
(the first song on the first disc) is a deliberate cyclical thing.  If
you listen closely, at the very end of "Outside the Wall", the voice
begins, "Isn't this where-" and gets cut off.  The beginning of "In
the Flesh?" continues the sentence with "-we came in?" with some more
of the accordion melody before the actual first song comes in.

I dunno if it was cut in such a way that it'd be seamless if played on
endless repeat like that, but it should be close.  The little gap
might be part of your FLACs or inserted as the server queues up the
first album again.  But the duplication of the music at the very
beginning of the record is supposed to be there.

-Steve