Well, yes, most of my albums are "full", i.e. 72 mins, which will make
them larger than 40-45 mins pop albums. But, I'm still not seeing the
ratios. For example, I took a random selection of 4 tracks from an
album, and compared them at different settings:

4 tracks, total play time 16:06

WAV: 162mb
FLAC (0): 129mb (1.26:1)
FLAC (4): 122mb (1.32:1)
FLAC (8): 117mb (1.38:1)

[FYI - I use 4 as my default setting)

The best I could get for these settings is a ratio of approx 1.4:1, no
where near the touted 2:1 (50%). Looking over my collection, this is
fairly typical. I'm not suggesting other people are lying, and there's
nothing wrong with my compression settings, so that's why I'm assuming
that it's the style of music.

--
radish