As a test I've set my music & playlist library to point to C:\Program
Files\Slimserver\Music

I copied a FLAC there, and again rechecked the permissions on the
file.

I try to play the song and the same happens.

A temp playlist was created in this folder however, which again
suggests that System has access to this folder.

I will try FuzzyT's suggestions about running the service under a
specific Slimserver account which I'll create and give access to all.

One thing I've thought of is does flac.exe create a temp output file
somewhere when transcoding to wav, is this possibly non-overrideable?
Are there any other temp files/registry settings created outside of the
C:\Program Files\SlimServer folder ?

--
Jim