mherger Wrote:
> Does your user slimserver exist (grep slimserver /etc/passwd)? Does it
>
> have read/write access to /etc/slimserver.conf and
> /etc/sysconfig/slimserver? If the very first time slimserver was
> started
> as root, there might be permission problems with these files.
Slimserver runs fine when I manually start it by calling
/etc/init.d/slimserver start.  It does the same user and group changing
then (I think!) as when it is run at startup, meaning that the user and
group does exist and the file permissions are fine (again, I think!).

To be paranoid, I've checked /etc/passwd and /etc/group and the user
and group are in there.

--
max.spicer

The wild things roared their terrible roars and gnashed their terrible
teeth
and rolled their terrible eyes and showed their terrible claws
but Max stepped into his private boat and waved good-bye