Quoting hunta <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> kdf, I apologise if my requests for help have sounded like whingeing - I
> never intended that. Like many others on this forum I'm sure, I work in
> development myself and know very well the 'It doesn't work' user
> feedback. That said, I've not been using SS very long, so much of what
> I'm requesting is how to go about providing you guys with information
> that will help. The debug logs are something I discovered how to use
> this evening. You also mention trying to run from the command line -
> I'm afraid I'll need a bit more info to give this a go.

Youhave certainly been nowhere near the worst offender, so dont take it as a
direct attack on you.  I felt, however, that it needed to be said as a general
point to anyone reading these or taking part in teh 'me too' camp.  Logs are a
geniune need unless the bug is clearly repeatable.

> To respond to your specific points:
>
> Here's a snippet from a dump with the d_remotestream as well as the
> d_musicmagic flags set (it gets very repetitive after this):

somethign very odd, given that your reponses indicate that anaylis shoudln't be
running.  I was hoping to see more of the responses from MMM in the log, but I
guess I've forgotten amongst all the debug that I had in there when i was
reworking it.  I'll add a bit more in there hopefully for tomorrow's nightly
build, to track the scan trigger and we'll have to see the logs again.

In the meantime, it might be worth trying out MMM 1.1.5, which I believe has
been released a couple days ago.  That is what I've been using in the recent
tests.
=kdf