If this feature is going to go anywhere, I would like the "duplicate
avoiding" links to be in the file system.

That way if you are going to rebuild the database from scratch you
wouldn't lose anything.

I guess on a linux server, I could remove a "duplicate" file and
replace it with a link (hard/symbolic can't remember) to another copy
of the file.
As said, the tag for track number etc. would be wrong, but the track
number if the file name could be correct.

In windows, the link could be a windows shortcut.

Just a few random thoughts...............

--
Bruce Hartley