Thanks, Kevin (right?),

> feature is a mis-interpretation by impatient victims of the bugs.....

I checked the forums and the bug reports before. The reference "feature" was
the result of someone elses question on such a (this?) problem. I think he got
the reply that it is a feature linked to UTF-8 with no need of any bug report.

I do not want to go on rambling. It's strongly disappointing to upgrade, gain
some new, tremendous, and real features and lose some necessary ones.

I'm willing to do whatever necessary as I'm not sticking to any character set.

Is there any way how to change automatically all names (directories and files)
to UTF-8? This'd be a simple way to get out of the dilemma not to know which
files are missing. (And in future use only UTF-8).

> You may also find it useful to try other skins.....

I've tried other skins (e.g. default). This does not change anything.

Wolfgang