> Do the file exist on a mounted windows partition? I had to include the
utf-8 option. After that all went fine except for albums wich shared
the same name. But that was easy to adjust within slimserver itself.

I do not really get your message.

All tests have been done on the terminal under linux, not windows. The files
are accessible under linux and within the network via samba. The partition is
formatted with reiserfs (only to be able to eventually exchange the drive to
some windows PC I occasionally use vfat, but not here).

I've also tried to use a reiserfs partition for the music directory to test the
naming problem. Even with a UTF-8 character set the names (containing special
charcters) are not found.

Wolfgang