> Really? - So I'd just have to put a sniffer on the network between the
> two devices to get unencryted data? Unlikely, but worth a try. Is
> there a network sniffer module for perl? :)

I'm not sure how the current realslim plugin works exactly, but it would
seem that however it works it's streaming unencrypted data.  No matter what
you do there are products out there that could grab the stream once it's
being sent to the sound output device.  I think the primary function of DRM
is to make it difficult to steal mass amounts of music.  Seems to me that
forcing the potential pirate to capture the audio in "real-time" speed is
effectively accomplishing the DRM goal about as well as it can be
accomplished.