I love my Squeezebox2, and loved my original SliMP3. However, one thing
that's always bothered me is that I can't take full advantage of the
two line display...I would love to replace the "Now Playing (18 of 21)"
with something else. Artist information would be nice. I feel like
seeing the note icon is enough of an indicator that the track is
playing, and so I'm wasting space where additional info could be
displayed. It would minimize scrolling and/or hitting the Now Playing
button to see other info. The progress bar could be redrawn as the
length of the artist or artist/album information permits.

So what I'm looking for is turning this:

NOW PLAYING (20 OF 21) [progress]
I'll Be Right Here [note icon]

Into this:
ALAN SILVESTRI/FORREST GUMP [progress]
I'll Be Right Here [note icon]

Or something like it. Is there any way to do this?

--
Cutestory