You'd have to manually switch between the two networks I'm afraid. How
well that would actually work I'll leave to someone who has actually
done it...

Would it be possible to move the existing WLAN base station upstairs ?
Have you tried moving it upstairs and locating the base station on the
floor upstairs ?

I ask because I struggled with my wifi reception around the house when
I had the base station downstairs. When it is downstairs on the floor
that is the worst case for the upstairs reception.

When I moved my base station upstairs I got decent reception upstairs
and still maintained usable downstairs reception. Also locating the
base station in the centre of the house can help.

Switching wifi channels can also help.

--
andynormancx

Yes, it will. Yes, all of them. Yes, SoftSqueeze as well. What ?
I SAID ALL OF THEM !