> Any clues?

Only if you provide more info. You haven't provided any info except
that you are running Vista.

For example,

1. What version of SC are you running ?
2. Did you have AlienBBC running ? If so what version ?
3. What do you mean

> The Alien BBC option has gone! I was listening to BBC Radio 2 and went
> upstairs downloaded the latest version and no more Alien BBC.

e.g. the menu has gone or the contents of the "listen again" have gone
or something else ?
5.

> downloaded the latest version

The latest version of what - Windows, Virus checker, AlienBBC, Addon ?

5. What "plugin did you down load - the full plugin or just the Addon ?
If you you downloaded the Plugin it should have run an installer and
not unzipped.

Please give info - it is impossible to give help without info.

--
bpa