> I have updated SC several times since I bought the Squeeze Box (2years)
> but have never had Alien BBC disappear (Including when I changed from
> Windows XP to Vista)

With 7.0 there is a lot more checking of compatibility of an installed
plugin with the SC.  If the plugin is considered incompatible, it will
not be loaded.  Since this checking is new you would not have seen it
with previous versions of SC.

Furthermore many plugins are compatible with different versions of SC
and so they will remain usuable between upgrades. However in this case
the FFW/REW mechanism of  AlienBBC changed from 7.0 to 7.1 and so
AlienBBC for SC7.0 will not run with SC 7.1 and so a user should
install AlienBBC 2.01 for 7.1 to have get an AlienBBC menu.

> The download arrived fine but I do not know how to make the download
> run and appear in the radio options menu on SC.

This is not very informative. It is easier to undo an installation by
knowing what steps have been peformed otherwise files may have been put
in wrong directories which will cause other problems.

Did you download the plugin installer (.exe) or the plugin zip file ?
If you downloaded the installer - did you run it ?
What is the directory path you used to install the AlienBBC plugin ?

--
bpa