I receivd my dock yesterday and have run it in for 24 hours.  Setup was
easy and it works well with my 160G iPod Classic.  I am obviously using
the digital out.  Cable is different type to that used in the
Transporter.  Both connected to PS Audio PPP.
Sound at this stage is pretty good and more than acceptable.  Directly
comparing it to the Transporter shows the Wadia to be less smooth, bit
more grain, most noticeable in mids and lower treble.  Bass is similar.
Has slightly less ambience than Transporter.
Usability is poor in comparison.  Wadia is far from me and obvioulsy
display is not readable.  Remote can only change tracks, pause etc.
One needs to go up to the iPod and change albums etc.  Transporter has
great display and very complete remote.  Duet is even better in this
repect.

The unit may improve with some running in but I doubt it will be
replacing my Transporter for serious listening.  Advantage is that I
can select a playlist and use it fo general listening without powering
up my laptop etc.

For those thinking of getting one, I would suggest looking at the Duet
first which should be similar to the Transporter wrt digital output.

Regards

Jose

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]