The Transporter is used in digital out mode.  The Tact digital amps are
in fact DAC's as the signal remains digital until outputting to
speakers.
The Slimdevices products are, IMO, easier to use in terms of seeing
what tracks are playing, managing playlists etc.
The advantage of the Wadia is that one does not have to be connected to
a computer or network in order to play music.  Sonically I did not find
any advantage to the Wadia and, as stated in my initial post, I prefer
the sound of the Transporter to that of the Wadia.
I will again compare the units after running the Wadia for a week.
Jose

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]