Pale Blue Ego;332299 Wrote:
> <RANT>
> Excuse me, but WHAT A CROCK!  What if you don't even own a PC - you
> have to buy a monthly net account just to watch TV?  And what happens
> if you lose the net connection, the TV signal cuts off?
>
> Does your cable company install the ethernet jack for free at the TV
> location, or is that another expense YOU have to incur?  And I hope you
> realize they are using the net connection to track everything you
> watch...this data will be sold to advertisers.
> </RANT>

My cable provider is also my Internet provider (a rock-solid 10 Mb
connection that never tests at less than 9.6Mb even at peak times). If
you want cable, but are not an Internet customer, they will supply a
free modem and a carrier line that cannot be used for any other
purpose. You pay for hookup.

Allegedly, the sole purpose of the Internet connection is to monitor
that the cable subscription and Internet subscription belong to the
same address, but, yes, there is obvious potential for abuse.

Al Jones

--
Al Jones