I'd like to see something built to run SC for joe six pack as well.

Personally I'm more than happy to use whatever cheap machine I can get
my hands on as a server, or better yet just run it on my desktop which
will be on most of the time I'm home anyway (not to mention where I
have the ripping drive conveniently mounted, softsqueeze running
through the PC speakers, and tagging apps easily accessible). But for
joe six pack it would be nice if the box also automatically ripped,
tagged, and added albums to the library immediately.

Of course you'd still have the router factor, which was the source of
most, if not all, the problems I've encountered.

--
Skunk

http://www.last.fm/user/TheSkunk/