iPhone;343281 Wrote:
> If you are worried about the outdoor range, I think the bigger issue
> will end up being the display. It is not an outdoor glare proof design.
> The device is mainly an indoor device so it would have to be used in the
> shade or hooding the display with your body or hand.
>
> Not that I don't think that you would enjoy SC 7.x or even a
> Controller, but if you think you will be changing your music often
> outdoors, you might look at iPeng on an iTouch or iPhone. I believe the
> early versions of iPeng still run on SS. Just another possible option.

Thanks for that, the display was another thing to wonder about. I'm not
too concerned about range as I've cabled CAT5 to the garden so can run
another hotspot there if needed, although I'd probably improve the
antenna on the existing router as first preference. I figure that the
controller will definitely be useful indoors, and the garden player
doesn't need a display as it'll be enclosed somewhere out of reach
anyway, so the Duet package will give me two items that are certainly
useful, but maybe the controller won't be best for the garden. Thanks
for some alternatives to consider!

--
ioncube