briodp;344633 Wrote:
> I am a long-time customer, currently own 4 Squeezeboxes.  I have been a
> fan of Slimdevices and recommended these products to many friends and
> family.
>
> With 7.2, I have found my significant investment unusable.  The bugs
> and lack of communication about the bugs is absolutely disgraceful.
> Scanner crashes and inability for Squeezecenter to restart reliably
> have pretty much eliminated our use of our Squeezeboxes.
>
> I am running the current, updated version of Windows XP, on a Dell,
> using ITunes as my library.  That is the very definition of the most
> common setup used in the United States.  To release software with such
> glaring, critical bugs and not do anything about it is just
> inexcusable.
>
> When will Slimdevices be releasing fixes?  Do not suggest I review my
> ITunes libraries to search for filetypes this release is suddenly
> choking on.  That's not my job -- that's Slimdevices job.

Sorry you are having troubles.  With the exception of iTunes we have
very similar setups.  Multiple SB devices, SC7.2, WinXP SP3 (SP2 when
updated to SC7.2), laptop as server, router.

I believe SC had numerous issues with anti-virus programs as it was a
completely different program than the old SS.  I know my anti-virus
threw up a couple warnings, but it got over it.   :)

I bring this up to suggest you may want to temporarily disable or turn
off your anti-virus program and firewall, then re-boot everything, try
re-scanning again.  Disconnect your router from the internet if
security concerns you with no anti-virus or firewall running.

Worth a shot.    :)

--
toby10