JJZolx;348208 Wrote:
> I generally use the method of using a server.prefs file saved from
> another installation.  If you're going to use the prefs for another
> user's installation you should remove all player settings from the
> file.  Stop the server, copy server.prefs, restart the server, change
> music and playlists folders in the server settings, then launch a new
> scan.  Thanks Jim, I was going to ask Michael what the process was.
Definitely not something a typical customer would want/should need to
do.  Whilst I accept its an option I'd much prefer that I'm given a
choice to have SC do nothing at all (ie don't even run the dumb down
wizard, run the wizard, or take me through advanced settings).  Perhaps
they could be labeled as follows:

    I'm a dumbass and don't like to think, please make all configuration
  decisions for me
    I'm a masochist, leave me alone I'll configure it myself
    I'm have two brain cells and they communicate - let me make a few
  decisions re how I'd like SC to present my library

--
egd

Internet forums: conclusive proof depth of gene pool is indeed variable,
monkeys can be taught to cut code, and world peace is utterly
unrealistic...

Integrating MusicIP with SqueezeCenter...'*here's how*'
(http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/Integrating_MusicIP_with_SqueezeCenter).