Has anyone noticed their last.fm accounts registering multiple scrobbles
for a single play when playing through synced players, both/all of which
are set to scrobble? A couple nights ago, I played an album through a
SoftSqueeze instance, which I didn't realize was synced with my living
room SB3. Since the amp wasn't on, I couldn't hear it, so I made it
through the whole album. When I looked at my last.fm account, I noticed
that each track got scrobbled twice with the same timestamp. (I since
have removed those plays - it was an album I hadn't listened to before,
so I just removed iit from my profile to avoid unduely influencing my
recommendations)

Is this expected behavior? I know there have been discussions about
whether your internet radio plays do/don't get scrobbled (they do, but
I think the consensus is that they shouldn't, and it's an issue with
last.fm not paying attention to a sort of "don't scrobble" flag set on
the internet radio plays).

I'm guessing it's the players that both think "I should scrobble this,"
so somehow, to fix this, synced players would have to realize both are
set to scrobble, negotiate who actually gets to do it, and then realize
when unsynced, so whoever stopped scrobbling can start again. This is
why I don't write code.

--
androidtopp

My SB3 is the most expensive part of my stereo. So I'm not going to brag
about it.
And my SBB as well...Is it wrong that my alarm clock is worth more than
most of my stereo components? I need to work on that.

http://www.last.fm/user/androidtopp