hammond;348718 Wrote:
> also:
>
> I want to give my thanks to all who uses spare time to answer dorks
> like me on forums. I have all respect and will rectanly try to be more
> informative and less whining in my future.
>
> Tommy.

Hey Tommy, Just because you're having some issues doesn't make you a
Dork. Asking for help doesn't make anybody a Dork either. Everybody has
problems from time to time. It is how we ask for help that makes all the
difference in the world. If the product is called a piece of junk when
other know it not to be and are not having problems with it, it then
seems that the person complaining is just whining to be whining. It can
also look like they are just blaming the product and not looking for the
real problem.

Your problem really sounds like something has changed in your network.
But again none of the Forum Members can even start to help you without
the information that members are asked for repeatedly. Nobody is asking
for specifics like IP addresses, nobody is trying to break into your PC.
But what is needed is specific information that has to do with your
setup.

Type of PC, OS, Firewall, Anti-Virus, Current verion of SC, what router
you have, DHCP or Static IPs, and the like. Simply changing a firewall
setting or Anti-virus setting can disable the Duet from working
properly.

As Mike said, the quick thing to do is E-mail Tech support. And they
are going to be asking for the same things we have asked for here in
the Forum. Help is available, but the Forum needs feedback and answers
to the questions asked to help fix your issue and get you and your wife
back to just listening to the music.

--
iPhone

*iPhone*
'Last.FM' (http://www.last.fm/user/mephone)
Media Room:
Transporter, VTL TL-6.5 Signature Pre-Amp, Ayre MX-R Mono's,
Vandersteen Quatro, VeraStarr 6.4SE 6-channel Amp, VCC-5 Reference
Center, four VSM-1 Signatures, Runco RS 900 CineWide AutoScope 2.35:1

Living Room:

Kitchen: Squeezebox BOOM
Bedroom: SB3, GFR-700HD, Thiel 2.3, Second Boom
Home Office: SB3, NAD C370, two VSM-1
Home Gym: SB3, Parasound Vamp v.3, Thiel PowerPoint 1.2
Mobile: SB3, Audioengine A5