I find it interesting that Logitech has taken on the full effort of
activating the headphone jack on the controller.  If you remember back
to when the duet was rolled out initially, the openess of the hardware
and software platform was emphasized and great-things-to-come were
hinted at.

Here's the post I'm thinking of, especially the last 3 paragraphs:
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showpost.php?p=254747&postcount=53

Based on this and discussion that went on afterwards, I fully expected
that it was going to be left up to the community to activate the
headphone jack.

So I was surprised when I found out that Logitech took it on themselves
to activate the headphone jack.  This is fine with me - I'll just be
happy to be able to use the controller as a portable player in my
house!

Does this mean that Logitech perfers to take control itself and throw
its own develpment resources on the problem?  Or is it that the
community didn't really respond and Logitech had to pick it up?

None of this is meant as a criticism of anything or anybody, I just
found these development curious.  I thought it would be interesting to
hear other's views on this.

--
maggior

Rich
---------
Setup: 2 SB3s, 1 duet, 1 receiver.  SuSE 10.2 Server running
SqueezeCenter 7.2, MusicIP, and SqueezeSlave
http://www.last.fm/user/maggior