Skunk;350232 Wrote:

> Perhaps the two are mutually exclusive, but it would be nice if the
> skin could be modified through one file, like CSS, which could be
> distributed by the author (even if only not-for-profit).

I'm not familiar with SqueezePlay skins so I can't comment on this.

Skunk;350232 Wrote:

> Or if a plugin could somehow be written and posted by the author,
> rather than being submitted and ending up in a Logitech desk drawer.

This is not a problem, you are allowed to redistribute both third party
SqueezeCenter plugins and third party SqueezePlay applets. I'm not sure
exactly how this is described in the license, but I know that Logitech
earlier has stated that you are free to redistribute third party
Squeezeplay applets without asking Logitech. Unless I've understood it
wrong, third party SqueezePlay applets are installed in SqueezeCenter
in the same way as a SqueezeCenter plugin and downloaded by SqueezePlay
when needed.

--
erland

Erland Isaksson
'My homepage' (http://erland.isaksson.info) 'My download page'
(http://erland.isaksson.info/download)
Custom Scan,  Custom Skip, Multi Library and Database Query plugins'
(http://wiki.erland.isaksson.info/index.php/Category:SlimServer))