Phil Leigh;352151 Wrote:
> ...and will also give you the best sound!
> Set the Sony to the max level you ever want  to hear (with the SB on
> full) and then adjust to taste using the SBC volume control

My comparison is completely non technical and involves playing a flac
album through the SBR and controlling the volume via the SBC, as
mentioned before I have to set the volume to max on the Sony to get a
range of volume on the SBC that I'm happy with. I've then played the
same album direct on CD and it is a lot louder.

I haven't tried setting the volume to max on the SBR then controlling
via Sony remote, will give that a whirl.

I imagine its simply to do with how good the micro system is but am
interested in other peoples experiences, it seems a lot of people are
playing the SBR through decent kit and wouldn't get problems like
this?

*Puts another pound in the piggy bank*

--
socistep