orenb;352179 Wrote:
> If the SB3 hardware can do it, then why can't a good sound card? I'm not
> happy about spending hundreds of dollars just to be able to get my PC to
> sync properly.
>
> Oren

One answer might be that SqueezeCenter is contolling all the Slim
Devices as dumb slave units. The PC is a smart device.

And here is my question. Why would anybody "WANT" to sync PC playback
to the quality playback of any of their Slim Devices? Of course, I know
there are a few reasons to use softSqueeze to just listen to ones music
on the PC. But if one actually owns Slim Devices, why would you want to
also sync the PC? Maybe I have too many Squeezeboxes (of course there is
no such thing) to understand the need to sync the PC also, but also for
me, I don't even care for music being played on my Creative Labs sound
card (great for games, barely OK for music).

After all, isn't the "WHOLE" idea behind Squeezebox to free one from
the crappy music that comes from a PC? I guess Squeezebox has made me
see the light about PC music.

--
iPhone

*iPhone*
'Last.FM' (http://www.last.fm/user/mephone)
Media Room:
Transporter, VTL TL-6.5 Signature Pre-Amp, Ayre MX-R Mono's,
Vandersteen Quatro, VeraStarr 6.4SE 6-channel Amp, VCC-5 Reference
Center, four VSM-1 Signatures, Runco RS 900 CineWide AutoScope 2.35:1

Living Room:

Kitchen: Squeezebox BOOM
Bedroom: SB3, GFR-700HD, Thiel 2.3, Second Boom
Home Office: SB3, NAD C370, two VSM-1
Home Gym: SB3, Parasound Vamp v.3, Thiel PowerPoint 1.2
Mobile: SB3, Audioengine A5