jmschnur;352501 Wrote:
> 1. I have been getting ~2500 to ~3000 throughput for my new duet
> receiver. What odes htis mean in terms of quality? Should limit the
> bitrates being sent to this receiver?

Assuming you have no other significant traffic on your wifi while
testing, and that you have a 54 Mbps router, it means that at least
half of the packets transmitted on your wifi fail. You should try to
improve that figure instead of working around it by lowering bitrates
(which means lower sound quality).

> 2. What has been the success of using repeaters with the duet and the
> boombox. For me to use a boobox I will need to bost the signal a good
> deal in the upper floors and deck of my home? If uscessful what
> repeaters are good ot use. I have FIOS installed actiontec  wireless
> router.

Repeaters are not the way to go. Pls. read the 5 points I listed for
improving your wifi in this post:
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showpost.php?p=346711&postcount=15

cheers,
Nick.