jmschnur;352967 Wrote:
> The signal on the reciever jumped from 28 to 56. However the throguhput
> did not.
>
> For wma lossless what is the lowest acceptaple throughput? I now have
> 1000 at 100%.
>
> After your response I will disable the "B" setting on the G+B choice.
>
> I do have several wireless devices. MY SB 3 passess 5000 at the current
> settings-but it is closer with a singal of 91.

Hmm.. the external antenna works well (good first step!) because signal
level doubled. One would assume it would make a difference for your
receiver. Try turning the SBR in different directions as it has two
internal antenna's that are somewhat directional. First turn horizontal
in 45 degree steps (4 steps total = 180 degrees is enough) and check
level after each step. Next, try moving it a couple of inches in
different directions on the table/shelf you have put the receiver (an
inch can make a big difference) and next try turning in a vertical
plane.

Also, I would advise you to put the receiver next to your SB3 (just for
test) and see what happens. Or even closer to your router, no need for
amp/speakers etc. just the receiver. If you never get a 5000 rating,
there's something wrong, but also remember to stop other wifi traffic
during that test.

I can't tell you how much you need for wma but 1000 is probably
borderline or just enough for lossless. 2000 with some errors is enough
I think.

Yes, choosing G-only will make a big difference and make sure you do
the "short pre-amble" too. Just check if everything else keeps working
when you tweak these settings but these 2 shouldn't give any problems.
As your SB3 does 5000, your receiver should be able to do that when you
move it to a good position even without changing settings on the wifi
router. It's just that when you run the "5000 test" on both SB's
simultaniously  that the wifi settings can make a difference.

cheers,
Nick.

--
DeVerm