booguss;354167 Wrote:
> Hi again Starfleet, Michel and others
>
> I just tried to replace the 7.2.1 Base.js, UI.js and Strings.js with
> 7.3. That rendered impossibility to log into 127.0.0.1:9000 at all...
> So I had to put my 7.2.1 js files back.
> What might have happened here?
> Then I tried to use your latest .txt addition (together with 7.2.1
> js's) and it works but I get only
>
> a) two pairs of parathesis - ()  () -  where the track name should be
> stated
> b) the Artist name is displayed correctly
> c) the album name displays nothing
>
> This result is the same in both Firefox3 and IE7. BUT... in Firefox the
> change player-button is missing...?
>
> However, I really really like your idea and I follow this thread with
> excitement.
> Do you intend to post the final .txt file when you are happy with the
> result as a "skin"?
>
> Another thing, just FYI, I have a Nokia N800 and I can access
> nowplaying.html from it, but the change player button is totally messed
> up, partly covering the artwork itself :-). And when I zoom in the
> artwork gets cropped... maybe it would be a nice idea to produce a
> nowplaing skin optimized for 770/800/810 users as well...
>
> cheers!
>
> /booguss
>
> PS. great work

I just tried to replace the 7.2.1 Base.js, UI.js and Strings.js with
7.3. That rendered impossibility to log into 127.0.0.1:9000 at all...
So I had to put my 7.2.1 js files back.
What might have happened here?
Then I tried to use your latest .txt addition (together with 7.2.1
js's) and it works but I get only

a) two pairs of parathesis - ()  () -  where the track name should be
stated
b) the Artist name is displayed correctly
c) the album name displays nothing

This result is the same in both Firefox3 and IE7. BUT... in Firefox the
change player-button is missing...?

Should work fine with 7.3 js's. As mentioned earlier, my html utilizes
some enhanced features provided by Michael in the 7.3 js's,  which
would explain why you're not getting everything to show.  I'm running
SqueezeCenter 7.2 with the 7.3 js's.  Works great!  The attached html
is my final version and newer than the ones I posted earlier.  Now
switches the "Now Playing" to "Now Stopped" or "Now Paused" whenever
the player stopped/paused.  My thanks to Michael for his help with
that!

This result is the same in both Firefox3 and IE7. BUT... in Firefox the
change player-button is missing...?

I am running IE7. I don't have Firefox but I think Michael tested an
earlier version of this html on Firefox.  Michael, correct me if I'm
wrong.

However, I really really like your idea and I follow this thread with
excitement.
Do you intend to post the final .txt file when you are happy with the
result as a "skin"?
Thanks!  But I couldn't have done it without Michael's and Jim's
(earlier in forum) help. Jim provided the base html template that
happened to be what my vision was.  I just tweaked it based on the 7.3
JS's.  Michael provided valueable assistance with SqueezeJS itself and
help with some code, and provided improvements in the 7.3 JS's. Again,
my thanks to them! The attached .txt is my final version as I'm very
happy with the look and functionality, but I do plan to add to it at a
future date -- such as showing repeat and shuffle modes.  Also, when I
get the LCD monitor and tiny computer built and mounted to the wall, I
will post pics of that.  May help folks in the community see what this
forum is about. :-)

Another thing, just FYI, I have a Nokia N800 and I can access
nowplaying.html from it, but the change player button is totally messed
up, partly covering the artwork itself :-). And when I zoom in the
artwork gets cropped... maybe it would be a nice idea to produce a
nowplaing skin optimized for 770/800/810 users as well...
Yeah, the html isn't optimized for handhelds and phones.  Since this is
my first attempt at something like this, I didn't plan for the Nokia
phone.

|Filename: nowplaying_screenshot2.JPG                               |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6123|

starfleetcommand