MrSinatra;354831 Wrote:
> those pics are too big.  it would have been better to put normal posts
> with links to the pics so that my browser could resize them to fit the
> screen.
>
> but anyway, pretty cool.  i like the lil pc, how much is it?

those pics are too big.  it would have been better to put normal posts
with links to the pics so that my browser could resize them to fit the
screen.

Sorry for the size of pics. Didn't resize them before uploading :-(

but anyway, pretty cool.  i like the lil pc, how much is it?

The little pc was about $350 -- I chose the XP Home to be pre-loaded as
I'm not too familiar with LINUX yet.

Specifications

Hardware

CPU: AMD Geode LX800 500MHz
Chipset: AMD CS5536
Display: Integrated Geode LX display controller up to 1920x1440
Memory: 512MB DDR 333MHz soldered on-board
Hard disk: 2.5” IDE 60GB
Ports:
RJ45 Ethernet port 100Mbps
WLAN 802.11b/g 54Mbps
3 x USB 2.0 HiSpeed 480Mbps
mini RS-232 (cable available from CompuLab)
VGA DB15
Stereo line-out audio (headphones)
Stereo line-in audio / Mic

Software

General Software Embedded BIOS
Special BIOS features:
Etherboot for boot over LAN
Etherlink for BIOS update over LAN

Linux:
Ubuntu 8.04 + Gentoo 2008.0 (preloaded as an option)
Other Linux distributions are tested to work
Windows: Windows XP Home SP3 (preloaded as an option)

--
starfleetcommand