ds2021;354335 Wrote:
> I have set up DYNDNS (one of several dynamic dns services available) and
> my router's port forwarding to allow me to do so. To do it, I would go
> to _http://user.dyndns.com:port/ipeng_. This on its own likely does not
> constitute secure. You can password protect SqueezeCenter, but I am not
> sure that even that is the height of security.
>
> The above accesses SC. If I wanted to access the server itself, I might
> use one of the available VNC or SSH clients that are able for the
> iphone/touch (iSSH, Jaadu, or Mohca). If you have iTunes, you can go to
> the app-store and look at these.

I also use DynDNS and No-ip in conjuntion with Bitvise WinSSHD to
securely connect to my SC server using SoftSqueeze with SSH when I'm
using a remote desktop. I also use Bitvise Tunnelier to access the
server via Remote Desktop . With my old PDA with WiFi I can connect
using PocketPuTTY and PIE to the /Handheld Web UI but with that setup
the PDA can only browse SC it can not act as a player. I'm impressed...
there are that many SSH clients for the iPhone. I've been concentrating
on free SSH clients for the Smartphone I might have to start looking
for a commercial client.

--
tamanaco