MrGadget;354790 Wrote:
> Oh, I get it.  So basically you install the plugin on a typical
> SqueezeCentre install on a PC/Laptop and use it instead of the default
> skin. So when you log in with a wifi device, it just acts as a dumb
> display as shows the same thing as what the PC displays. i thought it
> was an application that needs to be installed on the wifi device itself
> (I guess this is what the native app will be).

Not quite accurate - the skins can allow full control of the server and
the squeezeboxes on your network just as if you were using the web
interface at your PC.  Different skins may have more or less controls
on screen, or buried in menus, as part of their design choices but they
are much more than simple dumb displays.  The iPeng skin gives you lots
of control of players and playlists, as well as displayng album art
etc, all in a fairly iPod sort of interface.

davep

--
davep