I returned the WRT110 before learning of the frame burst issue.

Also, I have 2 SB3, a receiver, a controller, and 2 wireless computers
on the network, and the issue may be multiple stations.

So far, the Netgear 824 seems OK but not much better than my old
WRT54G, which is now working again.  I can get 2000kb reliable running
G on a station with 70% signal strength.

What I do see is more stable signal strength over time, although still
lots of swing.  The above, in a few hours, sees a high of 90% and a low
of 66%.

As an aside, if I were working your network software, which I am not
competent to do without more learning than I have time for, I'd very
carefully review the lost packet protocol to make sure it was really
robust in the face of transient burst errors in the network.  I say
this because, given the size of your buffers, which represent many
seconds of music, glitches seem to drop the stream more often than they
should.

--
Millwood