The reason why DHCP should be used is because SB is intended to be a
consumer device and it should "just work". DHCP is a pretty old
standard now, so there's really no excuse. Ask most consumers to get
involved with configuring static IPs or swapping routers when their
other wireless devices work fine and they're going to cease to be SB
customers pretty quickly!

I'd like the SB to work as an easy-to-use consumer device for purely
selfish reasons. It will become more popular, and then hopefully get
more features and a lower price. ;-)

Currently I've borrowed a Netgear router and all seems to be OK. I'll
try going back to my Linksys (WRT54GX v2) later and dig out Wireshark
(new name for Ethereal) to try to spot any smoking guns.

--
mr-b