Letten;359381 Wrote:
> I wasn't too happy with the performance of navigating my music, this
> goes for the web interface (especially browsing album art) and the
> controller interface (slow album art) and the Boom for that matter
> (fast scrolling on the wheel).
>
> I have SC on a XP laptop and my music(and artwork) was on a external
> USB 2.0 HDD. As I could see that, all the actions described above,
> resulted in activity on my external HDD, I decided to invested in a
> new, larger, internal HDD for my laptop (to fit all my music). And
> suddenly the performance is much much better. The artwork displays
> almost instantly on the webinterface, and scrolling with artwork on the
> controller is also much better and the same goes for the Boom (text
> only, but stil much better).
>
> I thought that the all the relevant metadata used for navigation was
> stored in the database underneath the SC installation (laptop internal
> HDD) and that SC only needed to access my external HDD when I'm
> actually playing some music.
>
> So why am I seeing this improovement in performance by mooving the
> music to the internal disc?

I tried the search function about this, but found nothing either.
But I have a vague memory of an old discussion about this situation.
That it actually is slower with external HD.
I'm also puzzled, if scanning is slower that is understandable with USB
drives, and browse by music folder too.
Otherwise I think it's a bug or design error.
I do think SC is doing some databse stuff everytime you acess a file ?

--
Mnyb