I wasn't too happy with the performance of navigating my music, this
goes for the web interface (especially browsing album art) and the
controller interface (slow album art) and the Boom for that matter
(fast scrolling on the wheel).

I have SC on a XP laptop and my music(and artwork) was on a external
USB 2.0 HDD. As I could see that, all the actions described above,
resulted in activity on my external HDD, I decided to invested in a
new, larger, internal HDD for my laptop (to fit all my music). And
suddenly the performance is much much better. The artwork displays
almost instantly on the webinterface, and scrolling with artwork on the
controller is also much better and the same goes for the Boom (text
only, but stil much better).

I thought that the all the relevant metadata used for navigation was
stored in the database underneath the SC installation (laptop internal
HDD) and that SC only needed to access my external HDD when I'm
actually playing some music.

So why am I seeing this improovement in performance by mooving the
music to the internal disc?

--
Letten