Ok, bought it and tried it. Just so you don't think I am posting as a
bought fanboi or anything for the app or for some of the other apps
competing: I am not.

First impression. Easy to set up, with autosearch it finds the player
and you are alive and kickin in a couple of minutes after the app has
scanned your library.

The interface works really quick and it is actually a Major difference
compared to iPeng's web-interface. For me, this is The Major Thing for
using a 3rd party remote like the iphone. I think this is the case for
most of us out there longing for the iphone to be utilized as the best
remote imaginable for the squeezebox.

With this said, and expected from my side, I don't really like the "Now
playing" interface. First of all i don't like that the controls and
elapsed time is constantly there. My personal view is that the more
similar you can make it to the Itunes interface, the more natural and
user friendly it would be to use the app. My intuitive approach is
trying to sweep the cover to left or right to get to different menues
and trying to tap the screen to invoke/remove the control buttons etc.
Now neither of this works, rather i have to push the playlist or tap
the screen to get a rather "not so useful" menu as a pop-down.  I also
would like to be able to forward/rewind on the time-progress-bar for
the song in the same way i can increase/decrease the volume by dragging
the volume bar left/right.

I would also like the multiplayer approach to be improved. As far as i
understand this function is not available? I would like to check the
squeezeboxes i want to see simultaneously controls for. (if i for
example have 5 SB's i would like to be able to check/uncheck some of
them to have control over the ones i choose simultaneously). Actually,
when looking around i don't find any setting for synchronizing players
at all, but i have only used the program for 15 mins now so don't take
my points as some kind of 100% accurate judgement.

This was my initial thoughts after short usage of the program. The more
i think of it, the more two points pop up as the most important onces.
Quick navigation and response, which this app is doing great so far.
The other thing is quick and easy support for navigating/synchronizing
multiple squeezeboxes. So far I don't see/understand how this is done
in this app.

--
danny041