At 4:28 PM +0100 8/4/05, Craig, James (IT) wrote:
I was just thinking that.
Surely overkill for what we all know is a single threaded process?

I run SlimServer on my office desktop, which I frequently use heavily
while playing music on SlimServer and I have no problems apart from
during the rescan, which I have scheduled to run at night.

(almost 10,000 MP3s on a 2Ghz 512Mb PC)

I've set up a dedicated server: a mac mini with an external FireWire drive.
1/25 GHz G4, 512 MB RAM.

Works great to drive two or three players. Library is about 11K tracks.
--
-- Marshall

Marshall Clow     Idio Software   <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed,
the hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning.
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.