scrubby;360850 Wrote:
> Ah, OK, I think I am getting it. Am I correct in guessing, then, that I
> am still going to need SqueezeCenter running somewhere?  And is it
> correct to guess that Squeezcenter is the service that will - pending
> development - be able to recognize Twonky and incorporate those files
> into the library as a upnp resource?

No.  SC already supports UPnP servers (but not really that well) but it
is disabled by default as it's not very useful.  SC's UPnP support will
get better as a result of this (it will be mostly the same code) but
most people won't need to use it.

> So what I really want to do, then, is figure out how to get
> SqueezeCenter running on my Terastation, and all that running alongside
> Twonky!  That'd be the ticket I am guessing!!
> !

Why?  SC is way better at organizing and handling your music than
Twonky is, so the only reason to run Twonky if you also run SC is to
serve other devices on your network.  There is another enhancement to
make SC a proper UPnP *server* for those kinds of devices.  Personally
I'd like to do it but I'm in the minority on that one.  I don't see it
happening any time soon if at all.

--
andyg