jbart1965;362528 Wrote:
> Thanks DeVerm. I redid the setup and connected to the powerline adapter.
> Worked great for a few minutes then lots of drops. A network test showed
> a steady 100% bar, suddenly a quick and brief drop to zero. This pattern
> persisted and I could not get a reliable signal, so the powerlines go
> back today. My house was built in 1933 and the attic has new wiring,
> unlike rooms on the bottom three floors. I have to assume it's my old
> wiring causing the problem.
We use powerline for a squeezebox that is out in my husband's all-metal
workshop. When we were setting it up, we had to try a few different
outlets for the powerline adapter that comes from the router before
finding one that worked without drops. Of course, the most convenient
outlet didn't work, so we had to use one across the room with a longer
cable. Just wanted to suggest that in case you hadn't tried it yet.

--
MeSue

Sue
http://www.last.fm/user/MeSue