Ben Sandee;362846 Wrote:
>  ... This is a very helpful attitude when someone is trying to
> help you.  It's good that you've closed off all possible paths except
> the one that you know is true.

I would also like to make one thing clear: my request was not for help
in solving the issue. It was a simple yes/no question as to whether
someone else was observing the behavior. I have had my SBs since early
2006 and am pretty versed in troubleshooting, and in assessing when it
is a system issue and when not. In both Ubuntu and Windows.

It is part of the culture in these forums to initially hold on to the
notio that SC can never be to blame. That is must be a system issue.
And that as a rule is not very helpful when it is indeed a SC issue.
Which on occasion exist.

In any case, I filed a bug report for the aspects of this that I could
document. Issue closed.

--
pablolie

...pablo
Server: 3.3 GHz Intel E8600 Core 2 Duo Vista Ultimate 64
Sources: SB3 (4), SB Boom (2), Duet, Accuphase DP65v
Amplification: Accuphase E306v
Loudspeakers: Tuned and self-built Ceeroy 3 way
Headphones: Grado SR-1