cak;365170 Wrote:

> Does the SB have to be "on" to do the bridging? (powered on, of course)

No, it has to be connected to the network (i.e. associated) but it
doesn't need to be connected to SN or SC (or actually even have a valid
IP).

> I have turned off DHCP and the squeezebox is working ... but not
> obviously as a bridge. The device I'm bridging to will only do DHCP, so
> I'll have to do some more experimentation (and scrounging).
Why not leave DHCP on for the router (so it's serving) and just use a
static IP for the SB? The client can still make a DHCP request through
the bridge, but it will avoid any confusion with the SBs DHCP requests.
If it still doesn't work, then I think it's a classic case of your
router not understanding the DHCP req coming from the bridge. You could
sniff the session and look at the req/response to confirm (but you'll
need a hub or some other way to get a PC in the middle of the
connection).

--
radish