Thank you, Mark.

Disabling the server's firewall does not change the behavior, SC still
reports that the player cannot be found.

I'm not certain what you mean by trying to connect to SC "while [I'm]
on SN." I can report that SC cannot see the player whether or not my
browser has http://www.squeezenetwork.com/ open.

Going through the network setup on the player: the music source setting
specifies the correct IP address for the server. When I then hit the
right arrow, it displays "Connecting to Squeezecenter . . . " sits
there for a while, then "Now Playing" displays.

However, now when I right-click on the Squeezecenter application and
select "Open Squeezecenter," nothing happens. It used to open a new
browser window, but not now. That looks to be a different problem which
I'll try to sort out then come back to this issue.

So until then, thanks for your help on this.

--
rocket j squirrel

-- rocket j squirrel