Looks like you've solved it, so just a little clarification then.

rocket j squirrel;365585 Wrote:
> I'm not certain what you mean by trying to connect to SC "while [I'm] on
> SN." I can report that SC cannot see the player whether or not my
> browser has http://www.squeezenetwork.com/ open.

What I mean is - when the player is connected to SqueezeNetwork,
SqueezeCenter won't find the player because it's connected to SN.

However there's increased integration between SN and SC - I seem to
recall SC being aware that the player was connected to SN and a dialog
box asking whether you want to pull it back to SC.  I may be wrong
though!

Just having SN loaded in your browser doesn't necessarily mean the
player is connected.  On the right top corner of the page you'll see
which player is currently connected though.

> Going through the network setup on the player: the music source setting
> specifies the correct IP address for the server. When I then hit the
> right arrow, it displays "Connecting to Squeezecenter . . . " sits
> there for a while, then "Now Playing" displays.

In that case, it has connected to SC.

> However, now when I right-click on the Squeezecenter application and
> select "Open Squeezecenter," nothing happens. It used to open a new
> browser window, but not now. That looks to be a different problem which
> I'll try to sort out then come back to this issue.

Some OS/browser/SC issue which appears to have resolved itself, but it
looks like the player was connected to SC all along, just that the web
GUI wasn't operating properly.

--
Mark Lanctot

Current: SB2, Transporter, Boom (PQP3 - late beta)
Stored: Boom (PQP1 - early beta), SBC (beta - no battery)
Sold: SB3, Duet