jaysung;246287 Wrote:
> Anyone tried the Eva 8000 of Netgear? From what I read it has good
> interfaces and plays videos and stuff just using smb/cifs indexing the
> library itself. That looks like a good solution if you already have a
> server box sitting somewhere remote.

I have 2 of these and was on the beta forum, they did tonnes on the
firmware over the last year and it plays loads of formats. The updates
dried up about 2 months ago because the EVA9000 is coming out. I have
high hopes for this machine when it comes to market. I have attached a
jpeg with the formats it states it can do. Basically, the shortfall of
the 8000 is that the memory was too small and the processor too slow.
This should improve that situation as it updates the tech.
Hope this helps

|Filename: 9463-netgeardeefilesupport.jpg                           |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6352|

SoftPhill