>Yes, I think you are right there. Interestingly enough, right now
>there's a thread going on where people consider a bug the fact that
>when artist has artist role in one album and composer role in other,
>then both albums are visible from that artist regardless of 'include
>composers in artists' check box. So, SC will make roles of composer and
>artist 'see' each other, but not artist and track artist. Go figure.

I am seeing the same effect, which I think is more evidence that 7836 is a bug,
rather than desirable functionality.

In Music Library Settings, I have the Composer checkbox unticked, so artists
that are only composers (or track artists) do not appear in the Browse Artists
list.

I have one album "Piano Sonatas" where I have set the ARTIST=Ludwig Van
Beethoven (tagged incorrectly - should just be a composer).

If I browse Artists > Luwig Van Beethoven, I see that album only, and not the
albums where he appears as only a composer (which is correct).

If I browse to a song on an album, for which Beethoven is a composer, eg.
"Browse Artists > Various Artists > Classical Chillout - Platinum > Für Elise",
and then click on the "Composer: Ludwig van Beethoven" link, I do see all
albums that he appears as an artist and composer.

So I feel there is an inconsistency.

Browse Artists should only list artist and album artists plus any extra
checkboxes that are ticked in the Music Library Settings (which it does)
But browsing to an artist from an album or song, should always list all music
that the artist has been involved with.

The internal mechanism of holding contributor roles should be transparent to
the UI.  So, there's no need to show "Track Artist:" labels, they are just
artists.  Track Artist contributor roles are exist just to determine whether
artists should appear in the Browse Artist list.

There should really be additional menus to Browse Composers, Browse Conductors,
Browse Band/Orchestras, rather than lump them all (conditionally) in the Browse
Artists list.  I use Custom Browse to provide those currently.