MrSinatra;368484 Wrote:
> i think the guys love what they do, why leave?
People tend to leave after financial handcuffs/incentives expire. It's
"been there, done that, what's next?" Either the earn-out is triggered
and they're loaded and want to enjoy their loot, or they fail and don't
want to hang around. Probably other reasons too, that's just what I've
seen. From buyer's standpoint, it is hard to operate something and make
changes when the former owner(s) are present. Keep them for a
transition, and then take over. This contingent payment period is
unusually long. Oftentimes it's shorter, it's about how long new owners
and former owners can stand each other.

I'll bet a line will be forming at the door about 12 months from now.

MrSinatra;368484 Wrote:
> but even if they did, i think the open source quality of it will keep it
> going.  logitech definitely needs a product to fill this space.  i think
> they killed all of their own dj music systems.

I have no idea, NONE, about the financial performance of this business,
and I haven't spoken to anyone who does, so I'm just talking in general.
Product lines are kept if they provide future opportunities, adequate
current returns and can operate with reasonable levels of management
attention. Otherwise, the plug gets pulled.

Look at other consumer electronic product companies with diverse
product offerings - unpopular products don't stay around long. No
company "needs" a poorly performing product.

If the plug gets pulled - yeah, the products will still be around, and
people would be free to continue their hobby.  Heck, I saw a handful of
DeLoreans out on the freeway a few weeks ago.

--
Goodsounds